Assistant Head of Year
Grade 3 Point 18 – 22 (£29,269 - £31,364)
Actual salary: £25,626 to £27,460
Hours: 36.5 Term Time Only – Permanent
Start date: A soon as possible
We are seeking applications from dedicated and hardworking professionals with a desire to work in a successful, thriving, and supportive academy making a positive contribution to our Student Support Team as an Assistant Head of Year.
You will manage the individual needs of a cohort of students so that all students attend, behave well, are in the correct uniform, and are ready to learn.
As Assistant Head of Year, you will work alongside the Heads of Year to collaborate with staff, parents, and outside agencies in order to provide support, guidance and interventions that impact on student well-being, personal, social and emotional welfare and improve student behaviour, attendance and punctuality.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant difference to a wide range of learners. You must be a positive and passionate individual with a commitment to delivering outstanding support to young people.
Harborne Academy can offer:
- Excellent modern facilities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- A friendly and supportive learning environment
- A vibrant and exciting academy which is culturally and ethnically diverse
- Members of the Education Staff Wellbeing Charter
- A highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- 1 paid absence staff day per academic year
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme, Virtual GP, Stress Coaching
- Lucrative government pension scheme
Harborne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as providing evidence of qualifications and two good references.
Want to know more? Please ask!
For more information and to apply, contact Jodie Massie Hays Education on 07761446571 or email email@example.com.
Closing Date: Tuesday 12th December @ 10:00 am