Code of Conduct
The community of Harborne Academy will ensure that everyone has the right to work in a safe and supportive environment. The student planner details the rules and regulations of the Academy.
As a student at Harborne Academy you will:
- Be fully equipped to learn
- Listen and follow instructions from all staff within the Academy
- Treat others as you would wish others to treat you.
- Respect adults and fellow students
- Be truthful at all times
- Be polite to all adults and visitors to the school and in the community
- Dress smartly in the correct uniform
- Any rubbish needs to be put in the bins provided
- Look after the environment in school and in the community
- Move around the building and in open spaces in a calm, caring, safe and quiet manner
Mobile Phone Policy
Mobile phones should not be visible in the Academy.
Students bringing phones will do so at their own risk, and will be required to follow strict instructions regarding their phones. Mobiles are not to be seen on the Academy site at any time. This includes outside, in the canteen and social bases. Students who do not follow this rule will have their phone confiscated and be issued with a 30 minute detention. If it happens a second time the phone will only be returned to the parent/carer of the student involved.