As you will be aware, guidance regarding Covid-19 and schools is constantly changing and under review. To try and keep you fully informed of everything the academy is doing to keep students and staff, safe and learning we will endeavour to keep this page updated with everything you need to know during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We appreciate how confusing this can be so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or questions. You can email us on email@example.com or call 0121 464 2737, between 8.30am and 3.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Guidance on Covid-19 Testing: Get tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Update 24th February 2022
Follow this link to the latest covid-19 guidance.
Update 4th January 2021
As an academy we are ensuring that we:
- Keep up to date with all government guidance regarding Covid-19
- Offer on-site lateral flow tests at the start of term
- Accommodate the NHS vaccination scheme when requested
- Keep classrooms clean and well ventilated
- Continue with a regular daily and midday cleaning of contact points throughout the school
- Promote regular hand washing/sanitising.
- Promote good respiratory hygiene (Catch It Bin It Kill It)
- Ensure that staff and visitors wear masks around school and in classrooms
- Ensure that students wear their masks around school (when not eating) and in classrooms
- Encourage staff to test twice a week using lateral flow devices
- Encourage students to take lateral flow tests twice per week and continue with spot prizes for those who log their test results
- Contact parents so that they can collect their children from school if they have Covid-19 symptoms
We ask that as parents/carers you:
- Do not send your children into school with symptoms of Covid-19
- Take your child for a PCR test if they exhibit symptoms
- Encourage your child to take and log their lateral flow tests twice per week
- Keep us updated of your child’s attendance
- Send your child to school with a plain or surgical mask (plain fabric masks are available to buy at school and on parent pay)
We will do all we can as an academy to keep our school open for face to face learning. In the eventuality that we are unable to do this then we will use our online learning platform Microsoft Teams. Please see the booklet here:
If you have any concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department for Education coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline opening hours
The Department for Education coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline remains available to answer questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) relating to education and children’s social care. Please listen carefully to the available options and select the most appropriate to your nursery, school, or college’s current situation. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline by calling:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm
Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm
--------------------11 of Jan 2022 @ 10:56AM--------------------
Please see guidance for self-isolation periods using a Lateral Flow Test or Device (LFT/ LFD). If you need any more Lateral Flow kits for home testing please let us know and we will send some home with your child or post them to you.
--------------------05 of Jan 2022 @ 13:30PM--------------------
Please see letter to consent for your child to have a lateral flow test in school: